Time To Share My Thoughts

Life, love, abuse, loss, broken hearted, broken spirit, healing, and victory.

That has been my journey for the past 15 years.   While attempting to navigate and survive this horrendous season in my life,  I clung to my Savior, held my breathe, raised my children, and constructed a plan.  While I made it out to the other side victoriously, I have to admit, I incurred many scares.  And today, I can look back and see how the years of abuse, disrespect, and pain have made me the woman I am today.  Because,

I SURVIVED

I have survived and ultimately thrived after a 22 year marriage that was physically and verbally abusive and was stained with years of egregious infidelity.  And as I have gained the courage to start sharing my stories of violent encounters and multiple attempts to break my spirit, I have been asked many questions.

• How did you survive?
  • How did you know if it was really abuse or not?
  • How did you know when the time was right to walk away?
  • How did you begin to heal from the pain?
  • How did you find your peace again?
  • How did you start over?
  • What was your financial strategy?
  • Why are you not bitter?

Well the answers aren’t always straight forward. Each woman’s journey is vastly different.  Each with its own twists and turns. Each personal struggle is unique in the ways of neglect, abuse, reaction, correlation to past traumas, finances, and the presence of children or not.

But what I can share is…I’m okay. I’ve learned so much about myself through this journey and I have learned to love the me that I have allowed to spring forth.

After two years of prayer and an intentional focus on my self care, I am more equipped for the next phase of my journey.  It’s time for souls to soar and hearts to swell with joy, gratitude, servitude, and a sense of being alive on this earth.

I am eager to partner with others who want to break out of their current pains and begin the journey towards peace, healing, and their God given purpose.

So take a deep breathe because it’s time to start Living A New Thought.

7 responses to this post.

1. Posted by LaWanda on August 20, 2018 at 12:15 pm

Can I give this 10 stars? God bless!

2. Posted by Tia Sydnor on August 20, 2018 at 6:13 pm

Very brave to share. Others who have went through or are going through similar situations will read this and feel empowered!

3. April, this is a masterpiece. I pray it is read by women who need to know there is a better life waiting for them. The life they deserve to have. Blessings to you for having the faith to share. Love and Peace, Vanessa B. Carter

4. Posted by Rivka Edery, M.S.W., L.C.S.W. on August 21, 2018 at 12:02 am

Absolutely genuinely the real deal! April, you truly inspire, because after everything, you are one of the kindest, brilliant, funniest, and generous human beings that I know! Keep on soaring, so others with broken wings, can create their own flight plan!

Much love,
    Rivka

5. Posted by Pleshette Roberts on August 21, 2018 at 4:00 pm

I love how brave you are in opening up pieces of your Journey.Even in you being the great women, that I have come to know in many years now.I have seen how God has built you up in to this amazing power house of a Jewel ,that is so availed to be used for His Glory.
    I am so amazed at how …God uses you!!!
    It’s amazing we don’t always know what someone has encountered in there Journey …throughout this life.But…I truly bless God that as you continue to share parts of your story that others will find the strength, faith for there own healing process.
    I do value the Women of God and Jewel that you are.You are a true testament to those that have been praying for these questions to be answered.
    Much love!!!!❤❤❤❤

6. Posted by Tricia Grannum on August 23, 2018 at 5:11 pm

You are truly an inspiration.

It takes someone strong in spirit, to understand when it is time to leave. I have been in an abusive situation, where it was physically, verbally, mentally and sexually abusive. It took a while to understand the treatment was NOT normal. Once it was understood, it was enough to make a permanent change.

I applaud and commend you on the next steps moving forward in yourself.

7. Posted by Dr. Gabby on September 8, 2018 at 9:46 pm

So many women will be blessed by your testimony.